The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

La Center girl, 9, badly burned

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Associated Press
LA CENTER -- A nine-year-old girl was badly burned when her clothes caught fire Wednesday morning while she was trying to light a candle with matches at her home in La Center.
Clark County Fire and Rescue Chief Dennis Mason told KGW that she suffered burns to her arms, hands and torso. Her mother was also burned on the hands when she tried to extinguish the flames.
The girl was flown to Legacy Emmanuel Medical Center in Portland for treatment, and her mother was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Story tags » FireLa Center

More Northwest Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates


Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus