On Sunday, Democrat Jay Inslee aired the first commercial in his battle with Republican Rob McKenna to be Washington's next governor.
The 60-second biographical spot entitled, 'Get to work' is showing on cable and network television channels around the state, according to the Inslee campaign.
He's put it on his website here.
It begins with him and his wife, Trudi, talking about their family. There's a few family photos and shots of the candidate with his grandchildren.
Then he chats about his political career and his plans for the state if elected.
There's shots of Inslee everywhere including standing on a map of Washington as he tells how represented both sides of the Cascades in Congress. He did so by representing Eastern Washington's 4th District in the 90s and Western Washington's 1st District until earlier this year.
No more. Watch it yourself and let me know if you like it or not.
In the meantime, this ad is just the beginning of what will be a cavalcade of commercials in this contest.
Organizations on both sides of this contest have already reserved in excess of $3 million worth of air time for their TV ads in the fall.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.