What you need: Makes 6 full skewers or 12 mini skewers
2 lb fresh or frozen large uncooked shrimp, deveined, tail on
For the marinade:
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp red chili/cayenne powder
1 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
4 Tbsp lime juice
Salt to taste
2 cups of colored peppers, onions and tomatoes cut into large chunks (optional)
In a blender, make a fine paste of the marinating ingredients. Massage it into the shrimp and let it chill for about an hour in a sealed plastic bag. If you can do this the previous night, it will taste great.
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for about an hour before they are used. This prevents them from charring on the grill. Poke the marinated shrimp into skewers. You may alternate it with peppers onions and tomatoes if you like. Brush some light cooking oil or spray some cooking oil on them.
Place them on a medium heated open grill. Cooked them for about 4 minutes, and flip them over to the other side, glazing them with some more of the marinade. Cook them until they turn pink. You can squeeze some fresh lime juice on them before they are served. Place them on a bed of grilled onions and serve them hot. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Make this now: Lark’s John Sundstrom enters dish in national breakfast battle Sep. 23
- This cookbook, scientifically speaking, is a great for the home cook Sep. 16
- It’s fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summer’s last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
- Teach her to make dan dan noodles, feed craving for a lifetime Sep. 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.