Dominic Gates of The Seattle Times says he has confirmed that it's the announcement of what was first reported by Bloomberg News in April -- a firm order for 737s, including the MAX variety, and options for 100 more.
Earlier this week, Bloomberg predicted Thursday would be the day of the announcement.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.