Gspurning returning? Sounders GK could be back Sunday
"He looked good today," Sounders FC coach Schmid said. "He’s pretty sharp. We wanted to keep him in a team situation, so we’ll see. We’ll make a decision when we’re in New York as to what his role will be in New York.”
For Gspurning, who was one of Seattle's big offseason acquisitions, just getting back to practice has been important after so much time on the sidelines.
"It's a great feeling," he said. "It was one of my toughest injuries, because in the beginning I thought it was nothing special, maybe I'll be back in two-three weeks, and now it's eight weeks. . . It's great to be back."
Gspurning says he's ready to return to game action, but will respect whatever decision Schmid makes.
"I feel ready to play," He said. "What we do in New York--I’m traveling with the team--but what we do in New York is up to the coach. I’m just happy to be on this trip, I missed too many American cities, that was also tough. . . I totally trust him. I speak with him, of course. I tell him I’m ready, I want to help the team, for sure, and we will find the best solution for the team.”
Gspurning then grinned and added, "Of course, I want to play."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks GM John Schneider on Marshawn Lynch, Byron Maxwell, Russell Wilson and more Feb. 19
- Looking at the Seahawks' draft needs: defensive line Feb. 18
- Jets GM says no decision yet on Percy Harvin Feb. 18
- Looking at the Seahawks' draft needs: offensive line Feb. 18
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: quarterback Feb. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.