Crews plan to cut into the highway to remove and replace deteriorating culverts.
Eastbound U.S. 2 will be closed between the trestle and Bickford Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday night to 5 a.m. Monday.
Drivers may choose alternate routes around the closure or follow a signed detour on 20th Street SE and Highway 9.
This will be the first of six full road closures planned between now and when the project is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2013.
For more information see a detour map here.
Drivers also should plan for long-term changes at Bickford Avenue. To create a safe work space, crews plan to close the current off-ramp from eastbound U.S. 2 to Bickford Avenue as early as Aug. 10.
Drivers then will exit from a temporary right-turn-only lane at the main U.S. 2-Bickford intersection about 1,500 feet east of the current off-ramp.
The temporary right-turn lane will be in place until the new overpass opens. For more information see the state's project page .
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- How-to deal with collisions in the I-405 toll lanes Oct. 10
- How one man maximized Good To Go for I-405 toll lanes Oct. 9
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult merge (updated) Oct. 8
- Road near Lake Serene to close for two days Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.