Get a jump start on the SATs by playing the "Is To" Game
Dogs go: arf! Cat's go:_______?
Ducks say: quack! Pigs say:_______?
Raspberries are red. Bananas are:_______?
Coffee is hot. Ice-cream is:_______?
Cookie Monster is blue. Elmo is:_______?
Elementary School Version:
Sunshine is to day as moonlight is to:_______?
Hockey is to the ice rink as swimming is to:_______?
Our minivan is to gas as our body is to:_______?
A chair is to sitting as a bed is to:_______?
Hop is to jump as giggle is to:_______?
Middle School Version
Lively is to animated as humorous is to:_______?
Harry Potter is to fantasy as Laura Ingalls is to:_______?
Purple is to violet as indigo is to:_______?
Trees are to a forest as fish are to:_______?
Help is to aid as whine is to:_______?
On a side note I should mention that I was playing this game with my preschooler today and gave her the question: "Mommy is a woman. You are a:_______?" My daughter's answer? "Princess!"
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Foster mom gives pups a new leash on life May 3
- When Mom and Dad need a get-away from family vacation April 26
- For parents, ‘the good teacher’ will make all the difference April 19
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
- Expect respect, but be realistic about kids' ability to sit still April 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.