Boeing's take on negotiations with SPEEA
Boeing's site went up Wednesday, a day before the latest round of negotiations with the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace, which represents 23,000 Boeing workers in the Puget Sound region. The company will use its new site to convey, both to employees and the public, updates and its perspective on negotiations.
SPEEA already has a negotiations page, where it posts regular updates about contract discussions with Boeing.
In recent weeks, union leaders were vocal in their disappointment over the company's retirement proposal.
Boeing covers the proposal here. Other key issues like wages, health care and overtime are covered in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
The labor contract between Boeing and SPEEA expires Oct. 6. Both Boeing and SPEEA say reaching an agreement early is unlikely.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says no talks about new research center in Atlanta March 25
- Boeing South Carolina workers to vote on joining union in April March 24
- Boeing reportedly considering new research center in Atlanta March 24
- Boeing gets 'force-field' patent March 24
- Boeing pushes back against Machinists union in South Carolina March 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.