Dreamliner launch customer ANA announced plans in April to bring 787 service to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
In July, ANA began the route using a Boeing 777-300 Extended Range jet. ANA will swap out the 777 for a 787-8 on Oct. 1.
Sea-Tac isn't the first U.S. airport with 787 service. Japan Airlines was the first airline to fly a 787 on a commercial route in the United States, launching its Tokyo to Boston service in April.
ANA also plans to begin 787 service between Tokyo's Narita and San Jose, Calif. on Jan. 11.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Mitsubishi Aircraft pushes back first flight of MRJ Oct. 23
- Boeing could benefit from Canadian election Oct. 20
- 777, 787 airplane programs will be key topic in Boeing earnings call Oct. 20
- Dutch report implicates Russia-backed separatists in downing of 777 Oct. 13
- Aerospace industry leaders to focus on growth during Spokane summit Oct. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.