Dreamliner launch customer ANA announced plans in April to bring 787 service to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
In July, ANA began the route using a Boeing 777-300 Extended Range jet. ANA will swap out the 777 for a 787-8 on Oct. 1.
Sea-Tac isn't the first U.S. airport with 787 service. Japan Airlines was the first airline to fly a 787 on a commercial route in the United States, launching its Tokyo to Boston service in April.
ANA also plans to begin 787 service between Tokyo's Narita and San Jose, Calif. on Jan. 11.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Spirit Aero finishes first Boeing 737 MAX fuselage Aug. 13
- Boeing is looking at improving its Everett-built 767 jet, exec says Aug. 12
- Zodiac Aerospace restarts Newport plant following explosion Aug. 7
- German aerospace supplier is expanding to Lynnwood Aug. 7
- How does a Boeing test pilot sell airplanes? Barrel rolls Aug. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.