Dreamliner launch customer ANA announced plans in April to bring 787 service to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
In July, ANA began the route using a Boeing 777-300 Extended Range jet. ANA will swap out the 777 for a 787-8 on Oct. 1.
Sea-Tac isn't the first U.S. airport with 787 service. Japan Airlines was the first airline to fly a 787 on a commercial route in the United States, launching its Tokyo to Boston service in April.
ANA also plans to begin 787 service between Tokyo's Narita and San Jose, Calif. on Jan. 11.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- British Airways’ Boeing 777 engulfed in fire in Las Vegas was in accident 11 years ago Sep. 8
- Cancellations leave Boeing with zero 747 orders in 2015 Sep. 3
- Korean Air takes possession of 747-8s Aug. 25
- Boeing sees booming Chinese demand for new planes Aug. 25
- Esterline streamlines corporate management Aug. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.