Purchase Photo Reprint Weekly Herald/CHRIS GOODENOW
BEACH BY MOONLIGHT | Caleb Wax (from left), 4, of Edmonds, Ben Marx, 6, of Edmonds, and Michael Leland, 9, of Lynnwood, reach out and touch a sea star (left) and sun star (right), brought to the shore by divers during the Moonlight Beach Adventure, Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012 at Marina Beach in Edmonds.
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual Edmonds Classic Car Show from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 9.
View more than 300 classic cars. The free event includes live entertainment and is presented by Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood.
The car show will be held downtown at Fifth Avenue and Main Street around the fountain. An awards ceremony is set for 4:30 p.m. More info: 425-670-1496
Edmonds workers honored
Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling recently recognized 27 city workers for their years of service.
Fleet maintenance manager Dave Sittauer received a plaque for 30 years of service, while Parks Department employees Steve Redwine and Dave Timbrook were awarded plaques for 25 years of service. Other employees recognized were:
20 years – Cliff Edwards, Steve Fisher, Tim Harris, Sherrie Leyda, Sally Lider, Viv Myers, Rod Sebers
15 years – Frances Chapin, Amy Collins, Don Kinney, Linda Mack, Jana Spellman, Ross Sutton, Jim Waite
10 years – Stephen Clifton, Jeremy Edhouse, Marie Harrison, Jaime Hawkins, Pam Lemcke, Lynnette Mandeville, Michelle Poff, Carla Raymond, Damian Smith, Jeff Whatmore
• Crews will be rebuilding and improving Alderwood Mall Parkway, from the city limits to 182nd Street SW, through Oct. 26, reducing traffic to one lane. City of Lynnwood staff strongly suggest taking alternate routes. No weekend work is anticipated. Local access will be maintained to all businesses and residents.
• The public is invited to Sustainable Edmonds/Sierra Club's ongoing planning meetings (first Wednesday of each month) opposing coal trains passing through Edmonds and other towns in the region. The next meeting is 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at the Frances Anderson Center, Room 206, 700 Main St., Edmonds. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The September 2012 Pilchuck Audubon Society program meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 7 at the Puget Sound Bird Fest in Edmonds. The program is “Owls of Washington” with photographer and author Paul Bannick. The meeting will be held in the Plaza Room above the Edmonds Library, 650 Main St., Edmonds. More info: www.pilchuckaudubon.org
• The free Edmonds Brain Support Group meets from 6:30-8:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month in the cafeteria at Swedish/Edmonds, 21601 76th Ave. W, Edmonds. More info: 425-776-7264, email@example.com
• Fleet Reserve Association and Ladies Fleet Reserve Association unit and branch 18 meets the second Saturday of each month, with lunch at noon and the meeting at 1 p.m., at 23003 56th Ave. W, Mountlake Terrace. More info: 425-771-2774
• Lynnwood Emblem Club No. 366 meets at 7:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Lynnwood Elks Lodge, 6620 196th St. SW, Lynnwood.
Get an MBA on weekend
Western Washington University's “Weekend MBA @ Everett” program will hold an information session at 6 p.m. Sept. 19 at the University Center of North Puget Sound, Gray Wolf Hall Room 160, on the campus of Everett Community College, 2000 Tower St.
The flexible, every other weekend program is ideal for professionals who have busy lives and wish to advance their current leadership positions in private, public and nonprofit organizations.
For more information, go to www.wwu.edu/weekendmba, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-650-3717.
• Seattle Tae Kwon Do, in Mountlake Terrace, on Aug. 18 awarded state Rep. Luis Moscoso with an honorary black belt. “Rep. Moscoso has been a strong advocate for the community, always exemplifying integrity, perseverance and a high moral code – all of which are taught to the students at Seattle Tae Kwon Do,” grand master Brandon Richards said in a press release.
• The Lynnwood Chamber plans an After Hours event from 5-6:30 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Lynnwood Bowl and Skate, 6210 200th St. SW, Lynnwood. More info: http://thelynnwoodchamber.com