King, sockeye, and coho were each on the menu; all prepared in the same way. I marinated the filets in garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard and lime juice, and then baked them in the oven at 375 degrees for 17 minutes.
While we were eating dinner, we voted for our favorite type of salmon. At my son's suggestion, we also charted our votes. That added a bit of statistical analysis into the meal, which is why I can say with certainty that sockeye was the clear winner.
Now my children both know that all fish does not taste the same, and I know which type of salmon to buy the next time I'm at the grocery store.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.