Best performances from the world of preps for week of Sept. 3-8
Photo courtesy Frank Dauncey
Glacier Peak runner Amy-Eloise Neale finished first and set a course record at the Sehome Invitational on Saturday.
Annie Mulligan / For The Herald
Lake Stevens wide receiver Conner Coleman tries to break away from a Marysville Pilchuck defender during Friday night's game.
Lake Stevens | Football
The Vikings wide receiver made many Lake Stevens fans forget about Christian Gasca with a stellar performance Friday night. Coleman had 171 yards receiving, including touchdown catches of 45 and 41 yards, as Lake Stevens beat Marysville Pilchuck 45-21.
Marysville Pilchuck | Volleyball
The Tomahawks senior outside hitter had 15 and 16 kills in wins over Arlington and Garfield, respectively, to help MP start the season 2-0.
Arlington | Girls soccer
The junior midfielder scored the team's only goals in a 1-0 upset of Snohomish, a perennial Wesco North favorite, and a 1-1 tie of another Wesco North power Lake Stevens.
Stanwood | Boys tennis
The Spartans No. 1 singles player didn't drop a set in going 3-0 last week, including a hard-fought 6-4, 6-2 victory over Meadowdale's Nick Ekern.
Glacier Peak | Cross country
The Grizzlies runner will likely win this award a couple more times this year but she got off to a great start on Saturday, winning the Sehome Invitational in a meet-record time of 10:54.93.
Cedar Park Christian (MLT) | Boys soccer
The Lions forward Eun scored seven goals in a 9-3 win over Lopez Island on Friday night.
- Glacier Peak's Amy-Eloise Neale is finishing in style 9/13/12
- Best prep performances for the week April 13-18 4/23/13
- The best prep performances from April 1-6 4/9/13
- The best prep performances for the week March 25-30 4/2/13
- Best prep performances from the week of March 18-23 3/26/13
- The best prep performances from the week of March 11-16 3/19/13
- The best prep performances from the week of Feb. 4-9 2/12/13
- Best prep performances from the week of Jan. 7-12 1/15/13
- Best prep performances from the week of Jan. 2-5 1/8/13
- Best prep performances for the week Dec. 24-29 1/1/13
- Best prep performances from the week of Dec. 3-8 12/11/12
- Best prep performances for the week of Nov. 26-Dec. 1 12/4/12