Crews plan to close both directions of the highway between Fales Road (also called Echo Lake Road) and 164th Street SE from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. both days while they blast and remove rock next to the westbound lanes.
Drivers can choose alternate routes or follow a signed detour using Highway 9 and U.S. 2. The detour will add 10 miles and about 20 minutes of travel time, depending on a driver’s destination and traffic conditions.
Drivers should also plan for full closures of Highway 522 at the same times Sept. 25 and 27 for more rock blasting.
Crews will blast and remove about 300,000 cubic yards of rock next to the highway to create room for two new lanes.
This work is part of the $129 million project to widen Highway 522 from the Snohomish River to U.S. 2. For more information visit the state’s project page.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.