The 21-year-old fell off his skateboard, hit his head and suffered a traumatic brain injury in June. He is now out of the hospital and working toward recovery. As a South Whidbey High School baseball player, Wilson battled bone cancer and used his wish from the Make-A-Wish Foundation in 2007 to renovate the school's baseball field.
The Colton Can Traumatic Brain Injury Awareness Day from 2 to 5 p.m. at The Jet Bar and Grill is scheduled to help raise money for Wilson's care. The event is set to include a concert featuring Kris Allen, the eighth-season winner of "American Idol," as well as other local talent, sponsor booths and traumatic brian injury awareness information.
Tickets can be purchased through Brown Paper Tickets for $15 and "Colton Can" bracelets can be ordered through www.coltoncan.com. The Jet Bar and Grill is located at 800 164th St. SE in Mill Creek.
More info: www.coltoncan.com.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.