In a postgame press conference, Manning called it a "cheap shot."
Giant coach Tom Coughlin said:" I don't think you do that at this level. You don't do that in this league."
Schiano, meanwhile, defended his actions, saying, "I don't know if that's not something that's done in the National Football League, but what I do with our football team is we fight until they tell us the game is over."
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about the play during his press conference Thursday, and he said he would handle the play the same way the Buccaneers did.
"There's a chance to the win the game on that play, and I thought Greg did exactly the right thing," Carroll said. "I would do exactly the same thing in the same situation. . . It's about competing to make the play to try to win the football. That's it. Protect your quarterback."
Here is video of the play and some discussion on SportsCenter:
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.