Pete Carroll sides with Greg Schiano on kneel-down controversy
In a postgame press conference, Manning called it a "cheap shot."
Giant coach Tom Coughlin said:" I don't think you do that at this level. You don't do that in this league."
Schiano, meanwhile, defended his actions, saying, "I don't know if that's not something that's done in the National Football League, but what I do with our football team is we fight until they tell us the game is over."
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about the play during his press conference Thursday, and he said he would handle the play the same way the Buccaneers did.
"There's a chance to the win the game on that play, and I thought Greg did exactly the right thing," Carroll said. "I would do exactly the same thing in the same situation. . . It's about competing to make the play to try to win the football. That's it. Protect your quarterback."
Here is video of the play and some discussion on SportsCenter:
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Richard Sherman on DPOY race, "idiot" draft analysts, Larry Fitzgerald and more Dec. 19
- When rivalry one-upmanship becomes a very good thing; plus Thursday links Dec. 19
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report Dec. 18
- Seahawks' Browner suspended indefinitely by NFL Dec. 18
- Mariners re-sign Franklin Gutierrez Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.