Pete Carroll sides with Greg Schiano on kneel-down controversy
In a postgame press conference, Manning called it a "cheap shot."
Giant coach Tom Coughlin said:" I don't think you do that at this level. You don't do that in this league."
Schiano, meanwhile, defended his actions, saying, "I don't know if that's not something that's done in the National Football League, but what I do with our football team is we fight until they tell us the game is over."
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about the play during his press conference Thursday, and he said he would handle the play the same way the Buccaneers did.
"There's a chance to the win the game on that play, and I thought Greg did exactly the right thing," Carroll said. "I would do exactly the same thing in the same situation. . . It's about competing to make the play to try to win the football. That's it. Protect your quarterback."
Here is video of the play and some discussion on SportsCenter:
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Updates from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at the NFL Annual Meetings March 25
- Seahawks add three assistants to defensive coaching staff March 25
- Sounders forward Clint Dempsey out 2-3 weeks with hamstring injury March 24
- Seahawks awarded four compensatory draft picks March 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider provides some updates at NFL Annual Meetings March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.