ANA to order 11 Boeing 787-9s
The carrier announced the purchase on Friday.
In a statement, Boeing noted that ANA exercised options it already had for 787s.
ANA was the launch customer of the Boeing Dreamliner, receiving the first 787-8 last September.
Boeing plans to deliver its first 787-9, which seats an additional 40 passengers compared to the 787-8, in early 2014.
ANA noted that the order for another 11 Dreamliner jets brings its total of 787s ordered to 66 -- 36 787-8s and 30 787-9s. The company has received 13 787-8s so far, it said. The 11 787-9s ordered by ANA will be delivered between 2018 and 2021.
The airline said the extra 787s would help give ANA "stability" in its business plan.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing is focused on incremental innovation April 3
- Seattle-area aerospace supplier Omada buys Tacoma company April 1
- Washington delegation is looking for new aerospace business in Montreal March 31
- Boeing donates second 787 Dreamliner to Tucson museum March 26
- Boeing says no talks about new research center in Atlanta March 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.