Slate points out former President Bill Clinton, with whom Lewinsky had sexual relationship, was paid $15 million for his memoir.
Lewinsky has already told her story once, in “Monica’s Story.” She was interviewed for the book by author Andrew Morton, whose unauthorized biographies include “Diana, Her True Story,” about the former Princess of Wales.
The new book is rumored to have three things that the earlier one did not: more salacious details about Lewinsky and Clinton, ostensible complaints by Clinton about his wife, Hillary, and Lewinsky’s love letters to Clinton, previously unpublished.
The New York Post writes, “In them, she opened her heart about her love for Bill and how much happier she could make him,” said the source. “Some of what she wrote was so raw that she never sent them.”
It’s been 15 years since Lewinsky’s encounters with Clinton, and 14 since the story hit the airwaves.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
- Salem ‘witch’ takes self-proclaimed warlock to court over alleged harassment Oct. 27
- Police: Suspect arrested after he accidentally dialed 911 Oct. 18
- Bees swarm on 767 in Texas Oct. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.