Jefferson County Public Health says members of the unnamed vacationing family, ages 19 to 68, fell ill Saturday with paralytic shellfish poisoning.
The Peninsula Daily News reported that one woman had to be placed on a ventilator Sunday, but she was breathing on her own again on Monday at Jefferson Healthcare Hospital. Other family members also were treated at the Port Townsend hospital and at Harrison Hospital in Bremerton.
More Northwest Headlines
Washington ferry fares going up Oct. 1 Toxic algae blooming in warm water from California to Alaska Wildfire along Lake Chelan grows overnight Skagit County 911 system struggles with understaffing Team rescues injured hiker on Olympic Peninsula Seattle among 8 cities to win open-data contest from ex-NYC mayor Bloomberg Klickitat County town evacuated because of wildfire Crews extinguish multiple fires in Clark County
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.