G John Moffitt doubtful for Sunday, G James Carpenter expected to play
Carroll did not say if Carpenter would start or how much he'll play, but did note that this is well ahead of the schedule they had originally planned on for last year's first round pick. And speaking of guards, right guard John Moffitt is doubtful with a knee injury suffered Monday. Carroll wouldn't say who will start there if Moffitt doesn't play, but it could be J.R. Sweezy, who started the opener and has seen playing time in the last two games, or they could slide Paul McQuistan from left guard to right guard (where he has practiced this week) if Carpenter is ready to take on a big enough work load at left guard.
LB Leroy Hill sat out Friday's practice with a calf injury and is listed as questionable, but Carroll said he expects Hill will play. Also questionable are TE Anthony McCoy (groin) and DT Jaye Howard (foot).
Listed as probable are:
T Breno Giacomini (pectoral)
DT Jason Jones (knee)
DT Gregg Scruggs (wrist)
WR Doug Baldwin (shoulder)
CB Byron Maxwell (hamstring)
For the Rams, the most significant injury news is that starting left tackle Rodger Saffold is out with a knee injury, meaning Wayne Hunter will get the start.
Here is the Rams' full injury report
S Matt Daniels (hamstring)
T Rodger Saffold (knee)
DT Matt Conrath (knee)
DT Michael Brockers (ankle)
T Wayne Hunter (knee)
RB Steven Jackson (groin)
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks general manager John Schneider on the team's power structure, re-signing Russell Wilson and more Jan. 27
- A whole lot of Seahawks player quotes from Super Bowl Media Day Jan. 27
- Top Seahawks quotes from Super Bowl XLIX Media Day Jan. 27
- Marshawn Lynch attends Super Bowl media day 'so I won't get fined' Jan. 27
- Tuesday Seahawks links: Kam vs. Gronk? LOB on the cover of SI and more Jan. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.