• Lake Stevens at Arlington: One of the best games from a year ago looks like it should be a doozy again this season. Arlington is 3-0 since starting the season 0-2. Putting in quarterback Skylor Elgarico has helped. Lake Stevens, meanwhile, has had an up and down start to the season, losing a couple of tough games to Glacier Peak and Monroe but also getting nice wins over Marysville Pilchuck and Oak Harbor.
• Kamiak vs. Edmonds-Woodway: Both of these 4A South teams are 1-1 in league and 3-2 overall. The Knights are coming off of a tough loss to Jackson while Edmonds-Woodway beat up on Cascade for its first league win. This game will determine which team still has a good shot at the league title.
• Jackson vs. Mariner: Both of these teams are off to 2-0 starts in league play but they've gotten there in different directions. The Marauders are off to a great start but they haven't been truly tested in league play yet. Jackson, meanwhile, has two nice wins over Edmonds-Woodway and Kamiak. This could really decide who wins the 4A South.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.