Police think she had been drinking at a party Friday night. She came home at 2 a.m. Saturday and went to bed. Her mother went to check on her at 6 a.m. and found her unresponsive. Medics could not revive her.
The Bellingham Herald reported she was identified as Hazel Christine Phair.
Medical Examiner Gary Goldfogel said the autopsy suggests she could not breathe because of drinking too much alcohol. Toxicology tests are pending.
Phair was a student at Whatcom Middle School.
More Northwest Headlines
More than 350 people evacuated as Lake Chelan wildfire grows 2:16 p.m. Tourists flock to gawk at highway projects such as Seattle’s floating bridge 12:59 p.m. Kitsap sewage spill prompts warning to stay out of water 12:59 p.m. Medical examiner: Man who died in custody inhaled vomit 12:59 p.m. Miss Tri-Cities loses crown after theft conviction revealed 12:59 p.m. A look at the extreme West Coast weather 12:59 p.m. With protest over, Shell prepares for Arctic Ocean drilling Swans find love in Oregon: Chuck and Grace become couple 1:00 p.m.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.