The 30-second spot is expected to run throughout the next week on broadcast stations in the Puget Sound. The DCCC is reportedly buying up $255,000 worth of air time.
It is the first independent expenditure ad in this race from the DCCC which is working to elect Democrat Suzan DelBene in the district formally served by Democrat Jay Inslee. It comes a few days after the House Majority Political Action Committee, an independent political committee, ran television ads against Koster on some of the same issues.
While Koster is campaigning on issues related to the economy, Democrats, including DelBene, are trying to spotlight his opposition to abortion and other conservative social views. They are trying to portray him as outside the mainstream.
Meanwhile, check out Koster's humorous jab at DelBene as a tax-and-spend liberal. It's even got a pirate in it. As of now, this ad is only showing online.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- New budget has gimmicks, taxes and lots of spending June 30
- Nearly $700 million for Snohomish County projects in roads package June 29
- Inslee concession clears way for $15B transportation package June 28
- Lawmakers, Inslee reach budget deal to avert shutdown June 27
- Inslee, GOP senators swap demands on fuel standard June 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.