Democrats launch TV ad against Koster
The 30-second spot is expected to run throughout the next week on broadcast stations in the Puget Sound. The DCCC is reportedly buying up $255,000 worth of air time.
It is the first independent expenditure ad in this race from the DCCC which is working to elect Democrat Suzan DelBene in the district formally served by Democrat Jay Inslee. It comes a few days after the House Majority Political Action Committee, an independent political committee, ran television ads against Koster on some of the same issues.
While Koster is campaigning on issues related to the economy, Democrats, including DelBene, are trying to spotlight his opposition to abortion and other conservative social views. They are trying to portray him as outside the mainstream.
Meanwhile, check out Koster's humorous jab at DelBene as a tax-and-spend liberal. It's even got a pirate in it. As of now, this ad is only showing online.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Voters clearer on their choice of dueling gun measures July 15
- BNSF reports more oil trains traveling through Snohomish County July 7
- Retailers in Smokey Point, Camano Island snag pot store licenses July 7
- Eyman fails to qualify measure for fall ballot July 3
- Snohomish County GOP tardy on filing campaign reports July 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.