The vacancy is for the position that Kimberly Cole held before her fellow council members removed her at last week's meeting, citing an excessive number of unexcused absences.
The council will set a date for applications for the position to be available, a deadline for return of completed applications, a date for current council members to interview applicants and a date for a final decision.
The council must select someone within 90 days of the vacancy or the county council will make the appointment.
The person selected will serve through certification of the November 2013 election.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Budget statements from Lynnwood Council candidates Frizzell and Goodwin Sep. 24
- Voters can get registration help Tuesday in Edmonds, Lynnwood Sep. 22
- CORRECTION: charter-review candidates are Republican, not Democrat Sep. 21
- Introductory statement from Alderwood Water incumbent Donna Cross Sep. 17
- Introductory statement from Fire District 1 candidate Erica Ash Sep. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.