Lynnwood looks at how to replace kicked off councilwoman
The vacancy is for the position that Kimberly Cole held before her fellow council members removed her at last week's meeting, citing an excessive number of unexcused absences.
The council will set a date for applications for the position to be available, a deadline for return of completed applications, a date for current council members to interview applicants and a date for a final decision.
The council must select someone within 90 days of the vacancy or the county council will make the appointment.
The person selected will serve through certification of the November 2013 election.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- State Sen. Chase to hold town hall meeting Saturday March 11
- New organization joins fight of proposed Point Wells project March 10
- New Mountlake Terrace city manager says city in good shape March 10
- Lynnwood Council leadership praises new members, mayor March 6
- Lynnwood mayor opens door to citizens March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.