The early postmark is required because there is no mail Monday, the federal Columbus Day holiday.
Voters can register or file address changes on line or in person at the county auditor's office in Everett through Monday. The auditor's office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday because Columbus Day is not a state holiday.
Voters who want to register by mail can get material at libraries in Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace and at most post offices, or they can download forms from the Snohomish County elections website or the secretary of state's website.
New Washington voters can register through Oct. 29, but they must register at the auditor's office.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Ryu to lead committee on community development, housing, tribal affairs Nov. 27
- Lynnwood to have only recount in Snohomish County Nov. 25
- Marko Liias will be assistant floor leader for Senate Democrats Nov. 23
- Local legislators say Eyman wrong about deal to repeal initiatives Nov. 23
- Lynnwood Council race back in recount range Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.