Replacement ref from Seahawks-Packers game: 'I'd probably call interception.'
An ESPN.com article gives some from highlights Elliott's interview with Showtime, including him saying that, after seeing a replay and learning more about the simultaneous catch rule, "I'd probably call interception. I learned a rule by screwing up the rule."
As for the offensive pass interference that went uncalled, Elliott explained that in their training, officials were told, "You don't really call interference on a Hail Mary. ... You just let it go."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.