The fire at the single-story home was reported around 10:15 p.m.
Firefighters fought the blaze defensively and the fire was under control within 30 minutes, Marysville fire marshal Tom Maloney said.
The people inside fled the home after hearing breaking glass.
The injured man was flown to Harborview Medical Center. His condition and age were not available Friday morning.
Damage was estimated at $220,000.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.
More than 28 firefighters battled the blaze, with mutual aid provided by Snohomish County Fire District 15 at Tulalip Bay.
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was accidental and caused by misplaced smoking materials, Maloney said.
Maloney said it is important for people to remember to check their smoke alarms regularly and practice their emergency plan.
More Local News Headlines
Study says Paine Field should be used for business, not museum Judge says molestation trial of former police sergeant can proceed 3:12 p.m. Tamper-proof cigarette bins may cut down on litter in downtown Everett 2 arrested in fatal shooting near Lynnwood; victim unidentified 'The voice of reason': Mill Creek Police Chief Bob Crannell to retire Camano Island Fire and Rescue seeks volunteers; meeting Oct. 13 Arlington man identified as rider in fatal motorcycle crash Boy, 12, brings inoperable gun to school and is arrested
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.