The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Candle likely cause of Lynnwood fire

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Herald staff
Published:
LYNNWOOD -- A fire that left a Meadowdale-area house uninhabitable early Saturday morning likely started with a candle that was left burning, the Snohomish County Fire District 1 reported.
Nobody was injured.
A neighbor called 911 at 2:34 a.m. to report flames come from a single-story house in the 14800 block of 52nd Avenue W, fire district spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said. Two men and a woman heard a smoke alarm and escaped from the burning home.
About 20 firefighters from District 1 and Lynnwood responded to the home in unincorporated Snohomish County, Hynes said. When the first crews arrived, an apartment added to the front of the house was engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in less than half an hour.
Flames were contained to the apartment, where the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office concluded that a candle started the fire, she said. Smoke damaged the rest of the house. Total estimated damage was $50,000.
The homeowner has insurance and received help from the American Red Cross.
Story tags » LynnwoodFire

More Local News Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar