Nobody was injured.
A neighbor called 911 at 2:34 a.m. to report flames come from a single-story house in the 14800 block of 52nd Avenue W, fire district spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said. Two men and a woman heard a smoke alarm and escaped from the burning home.
About 20 firefighters from District 1 and Lynnwood responded to the home in unincorporated Snohomish County, Hynes said. When the first crews arrived, an apartment added to the front of the house was engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in less than half an hour.
Flames were contained to the apartment, where the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office concluded that a candle started the fire, she said. Smoke damaged the rest of the house. Total estimated damage was $50,000.
The homeowner has insurance and received help from the American Red Cross.
More Local News Headlines
State Auditor Troy Kelley pleads not guilty to new charges Gipson expected to return to corrections officer job 9/11 is remembered in Edmonds at new memorial park Lynnwood man missing since Aug. 29 is considered in danger Tulalip Tribal member sentenced for killing bald eagles State suspends license of doctor accused of overmedication Drugs found at scene of fatal crash on Whidbey Island U.S. 2 crash in Sultan injures drivers, detours traffic
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.