Now, the Washington chapter of the national organization, is conducting an all-out campaign to unseat the five-term incumbent.
As I wrote today, Stand for Children has spent $147,000 on television commercials and mailers opposing McAuliffe and urging support for Republican Dawn McCravey in the 1st Legislative District.
The group's latest postcard gets personal, dubbing the incumbent “Roadblock Rosemary” for actions she took as chairwoman of the Senate Early Learning and K-12 Education Committee.
So far SFC's investment is greater than McAuliffe's total fund raising. It is also more than double what McCravey has spent in the campaign thus far, according to reports posted online with the state Public Disclosure Commission.
McAuliffe's response to all of this:
"Stand for Children does not stand for children. It is a national organization that stands to hurt our students. They want charter schools. They want to get rid of tenure. It stands to break the unions. That's what they're after."
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.