Now, the Washington chapter of the national organization, is conducting an all-out campaign to unseat the five-term incumbent.
As I wrote today, Stand for Children has spent $147,000 on television commercials and mailers opposing McAuliffe and urging support for Republican Dawn McCravey in the 1st Legislative District.
The group's latest postcard gets personal, dubbing the incumbent “Roadblock Rosemary” for actions she took as chairwoman of the Senate Early Learning and K-12 Education Committee.
So far SFC's investment is greater than McAuliffe's total fund raising. It is also more than double what McCravey has spent in the campaign thus far, according to reports posted online with the state Public Disclosure Commission.
McAuliffe's response to all of this:
"Stand for Children does not stand for children. It is a national organization that stands to hurt our students. They want charter schools. They want to get rid of tenure. It stands to break the unions. That's what they're after."
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Vance, former GOP party leader, opens campaign against Murray Sep. 8
- High court bombshell: State's charter school law is unconstitutional Sep. 4
- Supreme Court won't stop vote on latest Eyman measure Sep. 4
- Inslee for president? Can’t hurt to try, says consultant Sep. 3
- EPA seeking tougher water quality rules for Washington Sep. 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.