1. Kimberly McIlrath found this 1930s Parisian-style ottoman, gave it a creamy paint job, and recovered it in a textury charcoal and cream chevron stripe. It's $98.98.
2. Pick a perch for a pair of vintage chalkware quails in deep emerald tinged with cobalt. The twosome's $29.50.
3. Aidan Gray repro metal stencils bring in the color (verdigris). We'd prefer them on a wall or a shelf, though; $12.98 each. And P.S.: "Repro" is designer-speak for something not really old.
4. A well-traveled vintage valise in cobalt metal with brass fittings can still be packed with your stuff, or stand it upright as a funky table; $32, dings and dents included.
5. Gray weathered-looking wide laminate planks from Quick Step's Reclame Collection are pre-aged with a grain you can actually feel. It's $4.50 a square foot and available at Completely Floored in Everett.
6. The, er, elephant in the living room, a stout pine 1800s hand-carved column, doesn't usually languish on the settee, but rather stands sentinel in a corner, bearing an objet. If you have room, it's $450.98.
• French 16th-century settee, repainted and recovered, $600.
• French burlap Aidan Gray grain sack, $48.
• Bamboo Victorian plant stand, $46.
• Mirrored plateau with glass cloche from Two's Company, $100.
• Vintage apothecary bottles, $24 each.
• Two's Company old books recovered in heavy stock, $16.98 each.
• Kelly DuByne, Distinctive Interior Designs, Lake Stevens, 425-238-3678, www.distinctiveinteriordesigns.net/.
• Kimberly McIlrath, Faded Elegance, 1116 First St., Snohomish, 360-568-5333, www.fadedelegance.us
More Life Headlines
Whidbey man's new book chronicles colorful life of food, music 'Modern Way to Eat,' or what to do with all those veggies New Mexicoís Hatch green chiles are hot So cool: A summer soup thatís as easy as a salad Today in History The Chat with comic-book guru and Everett CC professor T. Andrew Wahl Today in History Still feeling ooky about boyfriend's emails to ex
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.