1. Kimberly McIlrath found this 1930s Parisian-style ottoman, gave it a creamy paint job, and recovered it in a textury charcoal and cream chevron stripe. It's $98.98.
2. Pick a perch for a pair of vintage chalkware quails in deep emerald tinged with cobalt. The twosome's $29.50.
3. Aidan Gray repro metal stencils bring in the color (verdigris). We'd prefer them on a wall or a shelf, though; $12.98 each. And P.S.: "Repro" is designer-speak for something not really old.
4. A well-traveled vintage valise in cobalt metal with brass fittings can still be packed with your stuff, or stand it upright as a funky table; $32, dings and dents included.
5. Gray weathered-looking wide laminate planks from Quick Step's Reclame Collection are pre-aged with a grain you can actually feel. It's $4.50 a square foot and available at Completely Floored in Everett.
6. The, er, elephant in the living room, a stout pine 1800s hand-carved column, doesn't usually languish on the settee, but rather stands sentinel in a corner, bearing an objet. If you have room, it's $450.98.
• French 16th-century settee, repainted and recovered, $600.
• French burlap Aidan Gray grain sack, $48.
• Bamboo Victorian plant stand, $46.
• Mirrored plateau with glass cloche from Two's Company, $100.
• Vintage apothecary bottles, $24 each.
• Two's Company old books recovered in heavy stock, $16.98 each.
• Kelly DuByne, Distinctive Interior Designs, Lake Stevens, 425-238-3678, www.distinctiveinteriordesigns.net/.
• Kimberly McIlrath, Faded Elegance, 1116 First St., Snohomish, 360-568-5333, www.fadedelegance.us
More Life Headlines
How to teach children lessons in humility Today in history TV review: No sophomore slump for ‘Fargo’ Hang out in style in this hammock-tent hybrid This Halloween, sound like a zombie A journal to collect the craziest of ideas Schools incorporate mindfulness into education Bring the wild world near with these books
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.