Steelers suspend ex-Husky Ta'amu
Coach Mike Tomlin said Ta'amu will not be welcome at the team's facilities during the suspension, which is without pay. The 22-year-old fourth-round draft pick out of the University of Washington was arrested early Sunday morning by police after an incident on the city's south side. Charges include felony fleeing police, aggravated assault and aggravated assault by vehicle, as well as misdemeanor accident causing damage, resisting arrest, escape and DUI.
Tomlin called Ta'amu's actions a "detriment to our efforts" but said the team was not ready to part ways with the former Husky. The suspension does leave the Steelers (2-3) with an open roster spot heading into Sunday night's game in Cincinnati.
- Seahawks looking for a win in Arizona, not style points 10/17/13
- Vikings to start Freeman at QB against Giants 10/16/13
- Bills QB Manuel expected to miss 4-6 more weeks 10/16/13
- Ex-Murphy star Keo to start for Texans 10/16/13
- Source: Lions' Suh fined $31,500 for hit on Weeden 10/16/13
- Broncos' Manning won't comment on Colts' Irsay 10/16/13
- Patriots place LB Mayo on season-ending IR 10/16/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.