But there was another state record that fell in that game. Shadle Park sophomore quarterback Brett Rypien — who is the nephew of Super Bowl-winning quarterback Mark Rypien — threw for 577 yards, to eclipse the previous single-game mark by 61 yards. That mark was set two year ago by Monroe's Joey Roppo, who threw for 516 yards against Marysville Pilchuck in 2010.
For a list of Washington state's prep football all-time state records, click here.
Here's a look at the video of Rehkow's kick:
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.