The applications are for the position that former Councilwoman Kim Cole held before the other members of the council dismissed her for excessive absences,
The current council members will select Cole's successor in early November. The new council member will serve through the 2013 election.
Two of the three former council members who lost in the 2011 election say they won't apply for the position.
Both former Councilman Ted Hikel and former Councilman Jim Smith say they won't apply. Former Councilman Ed dos Remedios couldn't be reached.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statement from Fire District 1 candidate Erica Ash Sep. 16
- Apology for mistake in introduction of charter-review candidates Sep. 16
- Introductory statement from Lynnwood Council challenger Shannon Sessions Sep. 14
- Introductory statement from Brier Council incumbent Steele Sep. 11
- Introductory statements from Terrace Council incumbent Sonmore and challenger Barnes Sep. 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.