That's down from 8.3 percent in August, according to a report released Tuesday by the state Employment Security Department.
The county's jobless rate was down 1.2 percentage points last month from September 2011 when unemployment was 8.8 percent.
Last month, 2,370 fewer people were unemployed in Snohomish County than in August.
The unemployment rate for the state of Washington was 7.7 percent in September, down from 8.5 percent in August.
King County's jobless rate was at 6.9 percent in September while Skagit County's was 8.5 percent.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Port of Everett awards $15,000 to support tourism July 31
- Briefs: UW recognized as ‘Great College to Work For’ July 30
- Briefs: PUD offers heating, weatherization incentives July 29
- Briefs: Marysville Tulalip chamber to publish directory July 28
- Briefs: New chief of neurosurgery joins Providence July 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.