That's down from 8.3 percent in August, according to a report released Tuesday by the state Employment Security Department.
The county's jobless rate was down 1.2 percentage points last month from September 2011 when unemployment was 8.8 percent.
Last month, 2,370 fewer people were unemployed in Snohomish County than in August.
The unemployment rate for the state of Washington was 7.7 percent in September, down from 8.5 percent in August.
King County's jobless rate was at 6.9 percent in September while Skagit County's was 8.5 percent.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Snohomish financial adviser collects toys for drive Nov. 19
- Briefs: Stanwood chiropractor honored with Special Service Award Nov. 18
- Briefs: Dwayne Lane's Arlington Chevrolet donates $10,500 to fight cancer Nov. 17
- Briefs: Charming Charlie opens at Alderwood mall Nov. 16
- Briefs: GROW Washington to hold workshops on Entrepreneurship Week Nov. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.