Seattle will host Salt Lake at CenturyLink Field Friday night, but the time has not yet been announced. The second game will be played in Salt Lake on Nov. 8. The series is decided by aggregate scoring over the two games (essentially, the game in Seattle is the first half, then halftime is really, really long).
Tickets for Friday's game go on sale Monday morning at 9 a.m. at www.SoundersFC.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
Seattle and Salt Lake played to a pair of 0-0 ties this season, and Salt Lake earned a 1-0 victory in Seattle early in the season. Salt Lake is also the team that eliminated Sounders FC from the playoffs last season.
A big concern this week for Sounders FC leading up to the game will be the health of forward Eddie Johnson, who left Sunday's game with an apparent hamstring injury.
The severity of the injury is not yet known, but Johnson did tell the Seattle Times' Josh Mayers, "There's definitely something there. If I had played, I'd have been restricted." Johnson also wrote on Twitter, "Appreciate all of your concerns and kind words. I can only pray that it's not too bad. But we have a strong team with or without me."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.