Sounders lose season finale, will host Salt Lake in playoffs Friday.
Seattle will host Salt Lake at CenturyLink Field Friday night, but the time has not yet been announced. The second game will be played in Salt Lake on Nov. 8. The series is decided by aggregate scoring over the two games (essentially, the game in Seattle is the first half, then halftime is really, really long).
Tickets for Friday's game go on sale Monday morning at 9 a.m. at www.SoundersFC.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
Seattle and Salt Lake played to a pair of 0-0 ties this season, and Salt Lake earned a 1-0 victory in Seattle early in the season. Salt Lake is also the team that eliminated Sounders FC from the playoffs last season.
A big concern this week for Sounders FC leading up to the game will be the health of forward Eddie Johnson, who left Sunday's game with an apparent hamstring injury.
The severity of the injury is not yet known, but Johnson did tell the Seattle Times' Josh Mayers, "There's definitely something there. If I had played, I'd have been restricted." Johnson also wrote on Twitter, "Appreciate all of your concerns and kind words. I can only pray that it's not too bad. But we have a strong team with or without me."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.