The company says the Semiahmoo and Loomis Trail golf clubs will remain open, but the hotel was unable to survive the collapse of the conference booking business that began in the recession.
The Bellingham Herald reports that the Upper Skagit Indian Tribe is the majority owner of the hotel. The tribe is looking for a buyer.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- 777, 747 rate cuts could affect Boeing employment in Everett 12:20 p.m.
- Homegrown appliance retailer Judd & Black marks 75 years
- Watchdog: Too few air traffic controllers where needed most
- A $32B tally, but Boeing's 787 costs don't bother Wall Street
- Czech airline to buy 16 Boeing 737 Max jets
- Lockheed Martin separating unit, combining it with Leidos