The company says the Semiahmoo and Loomis Trail golf clubs will remain open, but the hotel was unable to survive the collapse of the conference booking business that began in the recession.
The Bellingham Herald reports that the Upper Skagit Indian Tribe is the majority owner of the hotel. The tribe is looking for a buyer.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Payoff plan for college loans comes in several forms
- Putting Tubman on $20 bill doesn’t erase earning gaps
- More brands get serious about plus-size teen fashions
- Friendship not required, but workers must get along
- Treatment for double chins hits the market this fall
- Experts expect banks to start pruning their branches