Koster, on tape, discusses abortion and 'the rape thing'
But the way he explained his position at a weekend fundraiser is drawing attention.
That's because he used the phrase "the rape thing" when answering a question from one of the attendees.
The Associated Press has a story here.
Koster, an Arlington resident and member of the Snohomish County Council, is making his third bid for Congress. He is battling Democrat Suzan DelBene in the 1st Congressional District.
Fuse, a coalition of progressives based in Seattle. posted an audio recording online. Collin Jergens, a spokesman for the group, told the AP's Mike Baker that one of the group's activists went to the fundraiser to ask Koster about the issue.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Hobbs offers plan to end deadlock on transportation package March 7
- Colorado lawmakers to (finally) pay off Super Bowl bet March 3
- Two Republicans emerge to challenge DelBene Feb. 27
- Inslee, Dorn drafting fix to retain federal school waiver Feb. 25
- Democrats offer tax plan to boost school funding Feb. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.