But the way he explained his position at a weekend fundraiser is drawing attention.
That's because he used the phrase "the rape thing" when answering a question from one of the attendees.
The Associated Press has a story here.
Koster, an Arlington resident and member of the Snohomish County Council, is making his third bid for Congress. He is battling Democrat Suzan DelBene in the 1st Congressional District.
Fuse, a coalition of progressives based in Seattle. posted an audio recording online. Collin Jergens, a spokesman for the group, told the AP's Mike Baker that one of the group's activists went to the fundraiser to ask Koster about the issue.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Inslee offers 'guidance' on carbon emissions cap, desires adoption in a year Aug. 14
- There’s no ignoring the chatter around county executive race Aug. 13
- Democrats block attempt to hold earlier presidential primary Aug. 11
- State will conduct meaningless vote on gas tax hike July 23
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.