Koster, on tape, discusses abortion and 'the rape thing'
But the way he explained his position at a weekend fundraiser is drawing attention.
That's because he used the phrase "the rape thing" when answering a question from one of the attendees.
The Associated Press has a story here.
Koster, an Arlington resident and member of the Snohomish County Council, is making his third bid for Congress. He is battling Democrat Suzan DelBene in the 1st Congressional District.
Fuse, a coalition of progressives based in Seattle. posted an audio recording online. Collin Jergens, a spokesman for the group, told the AP's Mike Baker that one of the group's activists went to the fundraiser to ask Koster about the issue.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- A new session begins with old debate and fish consumption Jan. 12
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.