Today, in Spokane, Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna deemed the comments "inappropriate" while U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash, said she needed to hear the full recording before offering an opinion.
A tip of the hat to Spin Control of the Spokesman-Review which reported:
Answering reporters' questions after a Republican rally in Spokane, McKenna called the comments “inappropriate.”
“I disagree with him strongly,” said McKenna, who supports abortion rights.
Meanwhile, U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, who contributed $1,000 to Koster's campaign earlier this year, told reporsaid she wasn't prepared to offer her thoughts on Koster's statements.
“I heard second-hand that there was some kind of comment made, and I haven't heard myself exactly what he said,” she said.
In the meantime, McKenna will be campaigning in Snohomish County this weekend including a stop in Koster's hometown of Arlington on Saturday morning. On Sunday McKenna will be at the Republican phone bank operation in Everett which is located next to Koster's campagin headquarters.
No word whether the two will share the stage at either event.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- The issue of ‘failing’ schools slips under the radar Aug. 20
- Inslee offers 'guidance' on carbon emissions cap, desires adoption in a year Aug. 14
- There’s no ignoring the chatter around county executive race Aug. 13
- Democrats block attempt to hold earlier presidential primary Aug. 11
- State will conduct meaningless vote on gas tax hike July 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.