Both directions of 188th Street SE between Highway 9 and 76th Street SE are scheduled to close from 7 a.m. Monday through 5 a.m. Friday, according to the state Department of Transportation.
During the closure, crews will lower the grade of 188th Street SE about four feet to match the newly widened highway. Drivers should allow extra time for a short detour using 83rd Avenue SE and 180th Street SE.
Crews are widening more than two miles of Highway 9 through Clearview. The work is scheduled to be finished in the fall of 2013. Drivers will have two lanes in each direction of Highway 9, new turn lanes at key intersections, and a raised median to separate oncoming traffic.
For more information on the Highway 9 widening, visit the project website.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.